Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chicken and Potato Bake: a recipe (plus Cold Curry Pea Salad recipe)

Lots of garden harvest for this dish, great to make at the end of summer.  I heart new potatoes!
It's too easy for a formal recipe, and it's a "throw what you like into it" sort of thing, so here goes the recipe that I used...in pics:

Saute Onions, Green and Red Peppers, a TON of garlic (10 cloves is what I used), and  S&P

add chopped Basil and Rosemary



Chopping is therapeutic for me, some days



Our New Potatoes were a variety of yellow, white and red and pretty small, so only cut in half if they  are big.  Some I left whole and some I cut in half or quarters.

We enjoyed a spot of tea while cooking this (smile)

Arrange chicken breasts in an olive oiled baking dish

mix the sauteed herbs, veggies and potatoes all around in some olive oil to coat

dump that in with the chicken & mix all together in the baking dish, arranging it as best as you can in a single layer

Bake at 375 for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is done all the way through and the taters are tender

It is the garlic that definitely makes this dish, be liberal with the garlic, as always :)
I served this dish for supper with Cold Curry Pea Salad

cold curry pea salad
The recipe for the Cold Curry Pea Salad is this:
2 bags of frozen petite peas
2-3 tablespoons of Curry
2 tsp of sugar
1 cup of mayo
1 entire onion
1 cup of finely crushed salted walnuts or almonds (I buy raw nuts so I salted and crushed them in a baggie)
Dash of S&P

Mix everything together and enjoy.  The peas will slightly thaw and melt and keep everything nice and crispy cold, and that is the point.  Frozen peas.  Who'd a thunk it?! (snort!)

No comments: