Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yarn Along: SHEEP! ...and a shawl

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~Ginny

I'm joining in with Ginny at Small Things today for the Yarn Along

Slow knitting but we now have SHEEP! :)
WE.HAVE.SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!  SO EXCITING!
I was so delightfully tickled about getting these sweet girls, and SWEET they are!

bringing them home


Meet Lumi.  Her name is Finnish for Snow

Meet Linda.  

Meet Lucretia. (aka: Granny per my boys)


Lumi is the sweetest ewe ever

sweet skittish Linda :)

Lumi, Linda, Lucretia




she loves feeding them from her hand

Lumi thinks the grass is greener on the other side

Lucretia and Linda

Lumi, my sweetheart

ON THE NIGHT STAND:


I finished this up last week and really enjoyed it.  It was a definitely a page turner and kept me guessing and reading through the wee hours of the night.  It ended with a surprise that I would not have guessed.  Those last 20 pages were mind blowing.  I found the title suggestion through someone on the Link Along a few weeks ago
OFF THE NEEDLES:
I started off making a little bag for Willow that turned into a shawl.  You can read about it here.
I finally finished Willow's shawl.  I blocked it and here is a picture of it drying.  You cannot see the pretty blue in the pictures but it has some green intertwined in the blue and I love the colors.

she didn't really give me a chance to get a good  shot of her wearing it, so I settled for some action shots.  Smile.







So there ya have it.  I am totally keeping myself awake at night dreaming of all the possibilities that go along with sheep and wool and dyeing and oh my, I get so giddy.  Happy yarning and reading.  Check out Ginny's linkup to see what everyone else is up to lately.

1 comment:

momto5 said...

i really like that shawl. it would be cute in read and green to, like a watermelon or a strawberry!
looks like you had great sheep adventure.