Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Layered Salad: a recipe

My Aunt makes this for me.  Every time I have a baby or a craving, she is all over it.  It is just LOVELY.  It has the salty-sweet-crunchy gathering that lovingly tends to every last one of my taste buds.  Seriously.

You can put anything in there that you wish, but it's the layering that makes it so pretty.  A "loose" recipe at the bottom.
Onions from my garden

shredded carrots from garden

mounds of cheddar

bacon!

after the peas, dump on the dressing.  It soaks down through after a bit of waiting.

it's getting very...

...PRETTY!

use a clear dish if you have it.  You've got to show off the colors and artistry :)

I went to a wedding on Sunday (blog post HERE) and said I would bring a dish.  This is what I took.  Everyone seemed to love it.
RECIPE AND LAYERS LIKE THIS:
BOTTOM LAYER listed first then go UP
(oh!  fresh is best, summertime is perfect for this dish)
Salad greens
Shredded Purple Cabbage
Shredded Carrots (make sure to shred enough so it covers the previous layer)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Onions
Peas (if frozen, thaw and drain first)
Dressing (you can use anything you love.  This particular one is a good ranch, mayo and drop of sugar.salt.pepper)
Shredded Cheddar
Bacon crumbled

Enjoy!

No comments: