Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yarn Along Link Up. Delfest Happy Hat


Today I am linking up with the Yarn Along that happens every Wednesday over at Small Things.

My oldest son goes camping every year at a music festival called Delfest.  Its a 5 day bluegrass festival with top name awesome bands from all over the country, and it's a BIG deal.  He wanted a new hat and picked out the colors.  I set about making it for him and thought I had plenty of time.  The time wasn't plenty and crept up on me and I found myself knitting this hat into the wee hours of the night, the night before he left.  In between washing clothes and hanging out his sleeping bag and packing food, there were rows and rows of this seemingly never ending hat.  

But he loved it and I love him and it was worth it.

we call it the DELFEST HAPPY HAT



He returned.  She missed him.  He missed her.  The end.


They REALLY missed each other.

for the book part of the Yarn Along, I 've completed Little Bee by Chris Cleaves and LOVE IT, I've completed Plain and Simple and it was just meh!  I REALLY tried to get into this book and kept pushing along, but it didn't really sit with me well.  Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I've completed 10th Anniversary by James Patterson and loved it. I read it in almost 2 days.  Completely riveting, as all of his books are.
Happy Yarning and Reading!  I can't wait to see what you all are working on!

3 comments:

EMMA said...

Great hat, very cute cuddle pictures.

Lori ann said...

so sweet, love all the happy smiles and happy hat.

tie-dyed doula said...

Thank you! :)