Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lavender Sunshine Water

I love making and drinking this. Its refreshing and energizing. It tastes happy like a "sunshiney" day.

Get a large glass jar and fill with water
(please don't use plastic because the plastic will leach into whatever is in the container...and well...plastic sucks all around for foody things)



Add a pinch of cayenne, a pinch of cinnamon and some lavender sprigs/buds.

My sons love picking the lavender sprigs for me. I don't mind a bit because what they do not know is how relaxed it makes them.  If they are being particularly rowdy, I declare its time to make our Sunshine Water.  
(smile) 

Z brought lavender to me and the extra he put behind his ears.  

silly fella :)
 Add an entire lemon or lime, sliced thin
You can add some raw honey if you like.

Add a few Tablespoons of Chia Seeds and stir with joy



Give the entire jar a shake and put it in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.  I make a huge batch and drink on it for the entire day and some the next day too.  I've also added cucumber and ginger to the mix to make is sassy.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

This looks great! I totally need to add lavender to the garden!