Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spinach and parsley stuffed chicken

I did not take a photo of the final outcome of the supper I made the other day, it was really yummy and didn't last very long.  I got the idea from Pinterest. Besides that, once it was prepared and in the oven, my well went out and I was without water and we had to pull our well pump and replace it.  Sigh. Then we were all so hungry that I forgot to take that final shot of it after it was cooked.  At the very bottom of this post is another photo of a recipe for pasta that we also had.  
So, for the Spinach Parsley Stuffed Chicken:
You can use chicken breast, I am sure of it, but I had some boneless thighs because that's the way our butcher friend hooked up our chicken order so I used them instead.

In a bowl add:  Fresh basil
                                                                      a TON of fresh garlic
                      Hunks of Mozzarella cheese, several handfuls of Spinach and several handfuls of Parsley (This winter was very mild here, so I still had really awesome green parsley that wintered over, so I used that)

Mix that up and fill the inside of the chicken pieces.  Roll them up...
I used broken pieces of bamboo skewers to secure the chicken after rolling it up, toothpicks will work ;)

In a separate bowl, melt 1/2 stick of butter.  Add any seasonings that you wish.  I used paprika, fennel, sea salt, Cumin, Coriander, Cinnamon, Oregano, Thyme and a bit of dried Red Pepper Flakes.  You can use whatever you like.

Then, to make it gluten-free, I added a few Tablespoons of Almond flour (you can use the flour of your choice) and dump that into the butter and herb mix.

Mix it all up, then pour over top the chicken to give it a crispy flavor-filled crust.  Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is done.  It is soooooo yummy!

These next pics are of a pasta dish that I threw together and everyone loved. I thought I would share. I had some leftover rice pasta (any pasta will do).  Added to the pasta is (leftover) shredded beef, feta cheese, basil pesto, red peppers, red onions, garlic (tons!)  boiled eggs and Sunflower sprouts on top. After it was all mixed up we added a "dollop of Daisy"  (sour cream)    It was lovely!

Happy supper! :)
                                     

No comments: