Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Knit ALONG...crazy-legged longies :)







" Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"
I am part of a "yarn along" and the above quote is from the blog owner you can join in here:  http://www.gsheller.com/yarn-along


So, super addicted to that cute fluff cloth diaper queen that I am (ahem),  I finally knitted Willow a pair of longies.  They look pretty great right?  Errrrr, nope! They are SO WONKY in the legs and I am totally baffled at how I managed to get one leg triple the WIDTH as the other leg.  Le Sigh....giggle

she doesn't mind SPORTIN' them anyway.  (see that cute Dr Seuss PUL cover hiding under there?  yes, I am totally in love with that cover! lol)
even though they are wonky, it didn't affect the length
or the butt
and she wears them all of the time!  :)
here she is riding Ben Gypsy....against his will
and ripping open seed packets, that doesn't affect the longies either (wink!)
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know how much I  LOVE baby feet ;) and this sweet girl's baby feet look lovely with her wonky wool longies.
They really ARE the same LENGTH, just her daddy has them jacked up a bit  in this picture

cruising

trying to "ride" Ben Gypsy again.
Zaccai trying to catch the ping-pong ball in the coffee pot.
We've got to put that coffee pot to use, ya know, since we don't drink coffee lol

and since this day was Dr Seuss's BIRTHDAY...

I couldn't help but share Willow's fitted diaper with Dr Seuss on it.  She was "gettin her Seuss ON"  and if you were wondering "what we are reading" for the knit along...GREAT DAY FOR UP!  by who else?... Dr Seuss, of course :)
Today was also library day. 30 books on the menu for this week (mainly for my boys, a few for me)

My boys have this little thing for books that I call a "GIGGLE TUMMY".  I read, they giggle. They giggle, I read.  They want me to read the most silliest books we can find.  Right now they (we) are really into the "There was an old lady that swallowed a..." series.  I mean, she swallowed some snow and puked out a snowman!  Who wouldn't bust a gut over that one!?  :)

I
I have already started a pair of Wool Longies for Willow's baby doll, with the leftover scraps from her wool Wonkie Longies, since you know...that is what Mamas of girls do (I waited 16 years, 3 boys later, to make my daughter's baby dolls clothes, like my Mama did). I am hopeful they will turn out just as fabulous...or more so :)
Now I must say that I proudly decided that once I learned to knit something other than a  scarf, bag, hat, wash cloth or wrap, that I was no longer considered a BEGINNER knitter.  AHEM.  I declared myself INTERMEDIATE.  I will not allow that title to be taken from me due to the obviously wrecked longies.  I have started to knit her another pair with (gasp!) a pattern!!  and a seed stitch!!  (double gasp!) Let me just say that SEED stitch is,  another TOTALLY different level of intermediate insanity.  At least for me.  Shew!  knit one, purl one, knit one...who is that crying, who needs a  sandwich, whose butt needs wiped???  So confusing. Oh, where was I? ...knit one purl one, knit one...errrr, ummm, hmmm, where was I?  I'll share them next week, even though I am not sure how they will turn out. They are made of this wonderfully luscious dyed baby alpace wool and I can't wait to see how they unfold.  If anything, it will be good for a laugh, at my expense, being all intermediate as I am.  Good day to ya, cool knitters!  :)  

3 comments:

Shannon Breen said...

Oh, I love those big diaper butts! So cute, even more so in leggings. :)

Justine said...

They are beautiful! I'm so happy to see you blogging so much lately!

Charis's Mum said...

I too posted a pair of longies for this week's yarn along!! Yours are gorgeous; I love the green.