Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hiking, knitting, felting, rocking and partying (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) A Knit Along

" Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"
I am part of a "yarn along" and the above quote is from the blog owner you can join in here:  http://www.gsheller.com/yarn-along

Some of the knitting pics are dated.  The hike was last week.  The Eric Carle party was before that.  The rocking was a few days ago. Currently, I am working on a new pair of longies for Willow.  Those pics wouldn't upload for me today.  You can see the latest pair (and last weeks Yarn along) HERE.
Cold morning hike



See that log?  yup...that is what my babes walk over, balancing.  Not for me (laugh!), they just PULL me over.  Love those lil fellas :)




frozen water

"I wonder what type of nest will be made in there, Mama?"
I was on a SERIOUS needle felting gnome kick lately. This one was a gift for a friend

This sweet one is the Father Gnome dolly for sweet Willow
Zay needle felted his hat, after I knit the base.  I love how it turned out!
hat gift for my bro

This was a gift for my youngest son, a home made MEMORY game using wooden  discs, Wildlife Tracks penned on and a needle felted draw string bag made from an old sweater.  Seriously the cheapest LOVED gift that I have ever made. 
One of our favorite books by Eric Carle.  We had a Very Hungry Caterpillar Party!


caterpillar snacks

those little ones look mean, don't they?  ha!

tot school!

Zaccai did some Sequence Cards and other Unit Study Ideas from Homeschool Share.  You can see the link here.

Let me just say that the DO A DOT markers are THE BOMB DIGGITY!  We use them for SOOOOOO much.  If you get a chance to buy them, they are WELL worth the money.  Seriously. 


This chair...

was mine

when I was a child

it broke

and my dear sweet lovely talented friend, Sage, fixed it for me

and oh the joy and happiness and memories it brings

I love the hand stenciled designs 

and the kisses 


and hugs

that are all embodied
in this lovely baby rocking chair

I was just about her age when I got it

It broke once before, when I was a child, and my Granddaddy Eston fixed it for me then,  he made a brand new rung for it in his woodworking shop.  He had talent, too.

love this sweet girl and that she gets to rock her heart out on my baby chair .  love.  love. love.

So, for the Yarn Along,  I am currently reading "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb.  It is about twin brothers, one whom has a mental illness.  So dear to my heart, those sicknesses of the mind.  The first part was sort of slow but it turns into a SUPER DUPER page turner around the middle part and is absolutely  captivating! Can't wait to finish it but I'm sure I will feel lost when it ends, much as I would any other great novel.  Happy yarning and reading, cool knitters!

No comments: