Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

When life gives you lemons...or stains...or...



All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites.

Marc Chaga

When life gives you stains, TIE-DYE! 


Soooo, I am part of a REALLY cool co-op where we share clothes that are too big or small for our little ones.  Some of them come stained, some of them notSome of them are perfectly stained...for a dye bath!  I took this sweet white sweater and tie-dyed it, after finding some milk-stained marks on it!  perfect!  love it!
I use regular dye and mostly dyes from natural sources:  onions (red onions, you already know are my favorite!), berries, greens, walnuts and greens (beet, dandelion, etc..)




"But what is of great importance to me is observation of the movement of colors." Robert Delaunay



The gnome!


And as he spoke of understanding, I looked up and saw the rainbow leap with flames of many colors over me.  Black Elk





The gnome eats a cookie and avoids the wild ducks and geese that are waiting to pounce at the pond!

sweet gnome baby!


about 60-70% of Willow's clothes are tie-dyed.  Why invest in new clothes when the abundance of used clothes is all around us.  Kids outgrow clothing seriously fast!



"Colors are the smiles of nature. "  Leigh Hunt


belly shot!  lol
"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions. "pablo picasso

No comments: