Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

WEEKLY WRAP UP #3: The busy family, no naps and flying lessons

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson




These last few weeks have been busy and crazy and during the chaos, I wasn't sure if we got enough "school" time in, but now that I am writing this, I am SURE we did "learning" overload (shh! don't tell the kids).


Acorns are lovely to discover, abundant and great to study for Nature learning.  We took acorn caps and filled them with glue.  Then we picked flowers from the garden and pushed them into the glue and let them dry.  I am thinking of either drilling a hole in the base for a necklace or just using them on our Nature Table as a centerpiece.  They sure are lovely!  I gave a few of these out last season to a darling little girl at her birthday party and she LOVED to play with them.  They can also be used for ordering and patterns.


Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I am with you kid. Let's go." ~Maya Angelou

On the home front:  I have been somewhat nesting and after decluttering and gutting my bedroom and closets for the past few weeks, my husband is finally painting my bedroom for me!  So exciting and a lot of work.  I am now 35 weeks pregnant and feeling it!  Yowza! :)


My oldest son went on his flying lesson/adventure with a friend who is an air photographer.  He had a blast on this beautiful fall WINDY day, while Mama was home praying her heart out for their safety.  I know, I know, more accidents happen in cars than in planes but...well...you know :)



Last Monday we went with some other homeschool and preschool families to the library for a Costume Parade, story and snack. This was horrifying and unbearable somewhat hard as Zarian woke up with a sore muscle in his arm and was in pain (but still insisted that we go) and Cai had 1, 2, 3... 10 meltdowns along the way. It was fun to see all of the sweet kids and their costumes and overall we did manage to have some fun.

Tuesday was spent putting the baby dresser in my room and washing little teeny weeny baby clothes (aw!) to prepare for our new little heart.
Wednesday we went with friends to a local Pumpkin patch.
Thursday is our weekly PLAY ONLY play date at the park with special friends-we made it to one the week before last and this past Thursday we had our midwife appointment.
Friday my BFF's took my boys to a corn maze.


We did some work on our Bible notebook and learned a few new memory verses.
 BFIAR we rowed the book entitled Caps For Sale and worked on our notebook for that.
The boys have attended the local homeschool PE (gym) class 2 Mondays in a row and really really enjoyed soaking up some of this years last warm sunshine.

**THIS IS AN OLDER POST THAT I FORGOT TO PUBLISH**  I AM NOW 38 WEEKS PREGNANT**





No comments: