Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

AWARENESS





thought from Franciscan priest Richard Rohr:


"We cannot think our way into a new kind of living. We must live our way into a new kind of thinking."

With all of the new things happening in this season of my life, this quote stuck out to me today.  I must remember to not be overwhelmed by the lack of organization, the home school books and read alouds and colored pencils spread around my kitchen table/floors/couches, the insane amount of political and religious backlash about our country that leads me to become more and more disenchanted, the things that steal my time if I let them, and the fuzzy "mama-brain" moments.

I need to live in way to always be grateful. Prayerful. Mindful. Be aware. 
Aware of the leaves turning brilliant colors instead of colorful billboards that enrage me.  Aware of the moonwalk of babylove in my womb instead and of the ligaments stretching.  Aware of the current ages of my kids instead of how fast they are growing.  Aware of the love that I feel in the wind that blows through my windows and of the breath that is taken away with me from disbelief.  Aware of the smells of autumn, the smells of my baby boys' hair when they come inside from frollicking outdoors, aware of the mulitude of blessings that my friends shower on me, aware of hard work, aware of that still small voice, aware of my need to slow down and embrace this new season of life.

No comments: