Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE??? - they ask

Okay, so I've gotten some emails from people wondering where I've been, was I still alive.
The answer is YES, I am still kickin'! I have had some medical issues, none that I cannot get under control, but none-the-less, I have been dealing with that.

Not to mention homeschooling Zarian, chasing Cai and reading reading reading chapter books to Zay and his friend every night.

Forget the laundry, dishes and dinner-here is a an average conversation of 5 minutes in my home:

"Mom, I want pancakes with Bananas in them"

"Okay, Zarian, sure, why not?"

"Mom, Zaccai has a rock in his mouth!"

"Mom, I have a surprise for you behind my back, you wanna know what it is?"

"Yes, let me see-OH A POISONOUS MUSHROOM FROM THE BACK YARD-WASH YOUR HANDS!!!"

"But MOM! It feels so great when I rub the inside of the mushroom, you wanna try it?"

"NO! When did you sneak out to the back yard, anyway???"

"Mom, Zaccai has his finger stuck in the VCR"

"Mom, are those banana pancakes done YET???"

"The short vowel sound for 'I' is /i/-like ummmm IGLOO, hold on, another example is...ummm...Zaccai, don't pull the books off of the top shelf, let me help you, okay, hmmm, another short "I" sound is...hmmm????"

"THE SHORT VOWEL SOUND FOR "I" IS LIKE IMAGINATION" SAYS ZARIAN

"okay, who is teaching whom here?" I think

"yes, that is awesome, "i" for imagination!!"

"let's do the short vowel sound "e" like ELEPHANT. The e in elephant sounds like "eh" "eh" 'elephant', elephant says 'eh, eh'"

"NO MOM THE ELEPHANT DOESN'T SAY 'EH, EH' IT SAYS WHOOOOSH LIKE WHEN IT BLOWS WATER FROM IT'S TRUNK!!!"

"OKAY, bad example"

"Let's do 'g' mamma"

"okay, "g" sounds like 'G, G' like grass, g, g like gate, g, g, like grapes, g, g"

"YAH MOM LIKE THIS, 'GAH, GAH, LIKE RIVER AND GAH, GAH, LIKE WATER AND GAH, GAH, LIKE FENCE"

"no, not exactly the same sounds Zarian, what happened to the brilliace of 'imagination"

"mom, are you to 'occupied' to make those banana pancakes???"

"HUH, DID YOU USE THE WORK OCCUPIED???"
thinking, but can't get the 'g' sound??

"Mom, do you think Cai will want honey on his pancakes WHENEVER YOU GET THEM FINISHED?!"

"Yes, OH WHERE IS CAI ANYWAY???????? OH MY..."

"OH, MOM, HE IS IN THE BATHROOM MESSING WITH THE WATER"

"WHAT WATER??? oh, the toilet water...time for a bath"

"are we ever going to eat???"

yah, that's just 5 minutes...

any questions about where i've been??

No comments: