Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

NATURE JOURNAL-# 14 OF 1000 GIFTS LIST IS LILIES




Okay, So we are starting a Nature Journal and I will have posts on this blog to show some of the goodies we are learning.

I am teaching Zarian the various parts of the flower (leaves, petals, stigmas, anthers, stems).

A wonderful learning experience for us unfolded as the Lily unfolded-and I was able to get some shots of it.

It amazes me still that from nothing comes something, and in that something, comes the most beautiful, graceful, alluring, charming elegant gift...THE LILY






So, Lilies are # 14 on my "attitude gratitude" list of 1000 gifts from the Lord

And a wonderful entry into our Nature Journal...

LILIES:



closed...








opening...




opening...









OPEN!...






So, what is it Lord that you whisper into your divine creation to make it unfold daily?







"AND WHY DO YOU WORRY ABOUT CLOTHES? SEE HOW THE LILIES OF THE FIELD GROW. THEY DO NOT LABOR OR SPIN. YET I TELL YOU THAT NOT EVEN SOLOMON IN ALL HIS SPLENDOR WAS DRESSED LIKE ONE OF THESE. IF THAT IS HOW GOD CLOTHES THE GRASS OF THE FIELD, WHICH IS HERE TODAY AND TOMORROW THROWN INTO THE FIRE, WILL HE NOT MUCH MORE CLOTHE YOU, O YOU OF LITTLE FAITH?"






MATTHEW 6:28




Oh, yes-what a wonderful reminder, these lilies...

1 comment:

kris said...

what a beautiful post!! lilie's are my favorite, (named my daughter after them....;)

so are you guys schooling all summer??