Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

BEAN ART, # 15 & #16 ON MY LIST OF 1,000 GIFTS


#15-BEANS

I was trying to think of a quick project over the weekend and remembered from my childhood the wonderful things made with some beans and glue.

We just used a big circle for the "seeds" of the sunflower, some construction paper for the petals and some glue and VOILA! a sunflower is born.







Art was also born, along with some coordination using scissors, the art of learning to clean up glue drips from pants, carpet and body parts, Cai learned the age-old lesson of the taste of Elmers Glue (of course not as part of the lesson-smile), patience and counting-we counted the beans.

So, all 'n all, we had art, math, science, home economics and tons of fun!!


16 ON MY LIST OF 1000 GIFTS FROM THE LORD - SWEET POTATOES

PS: ANOTHER THING FROM MY CHILDHOOD THAT WE ARE GOING TO DO IS CUT SWEET POTATOES AND GROW SWEET POTATO VINES-BEAUTIFUL-BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER THEM WHILE @ THE FOOD STORE...SO...IN THE MEANTIME, I WILL POST A PICTURE OF MY LITTLE POTATO HEADS






1 comment:

Jennifer James said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I didn't know people still came by. I really appreciate it. I'll see you over at Mothering.com.