Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

MY BODY

MY BODY

...Spoken into existence

...With a mind that has two purposeful sides

...Nine months and slowly throughout it switches

...From the intellectual to the primal

...My neck-the conduit for nourishment

...To the now primal mind

...My shoulders

...Two indentions, one on each side of the neck

...Ever wonder what those were for?

...Perfect for cradling a four year old’s head

...At the same time I’m growing a baby inside of me

...My arms

...Separate is perfect; together is magnificent

...One hand to hold a 12 year olds hand

...One arm to carry a 4 year olds body

...All while creating life inside of me still

...All at the same time

...Those arms, later used together

...Used for reaching down and feeling our

...New creation’s head crown, used for rubbing

...The life into him

...Used for exuberance & exaggeration

...As I flail them around while

...Talking excitedly about what just happened

...Used to touch, sense, lift a new life

...From out of me to…onto me…

...Used to wrap around my womb. To feel his

...Kicks and turns. To feel him grow

...Beautiful to paint, scars and a few

...Freckles-my arms

...My breasts

...They know not only at birth, but in future feedings

...The right time the right temperature

...The right amount to produce for

...Nourishment with milk

...Colostrum no color, no smell

...But full of life saving minerals and

...Vitamins and enzymes. Saving 6 million

...Lives annually that fluid so simple,

...Yet so complex.

By: Shawna Sealing Kemp