Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

HOW DO WE EXPLAIN THAT TO WOMEN WHO ARE AFRAID OF CHILDBIRTH?

From WHAT BABIES WANT
This excerpt really touches me:

"These ancient encoded wisdoms and powers and strengths that are released at the moment of birth. I had read about this, but I had never delivered one of my own until twenty years ago, and I had grown children then and I think 8 or 9 grand children by then, but I had another child of my own and I delivered it, I mean I was the only other person present at his birth, the child?s mother delivered it. But I was stunned and astonished at the tremendous energy that filled that whole house, the house shook with that energy and it was an awesome near mystical experience for me, I would say that it was the closest thing to a wide awake mystical experience that I had ever had. Those of us who have delivered our children and made that contact ourselves know that it is an invitation to the greatest intimacy that life ever affords us, offered in that moment; and the infant is the one that offers that total vulnerable intimacy, and if we do not meet it, then the infant feels betrayed by the world, and so they're coming into a world they can't trust because it does not meet their most critical need right at that point."
Joseph Chilton-Pearce, Author

NOW, HOW DO WE EXPLAIN THAT TO WOMAN WHO ARE AFRAID OF CHILDBIRTH?



No comments: