Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Better People


My sweet friend Ronda aka Love is Kind (featured in the “dirty feet” pic on the bottom right side of this blog-her feet are the pretty ones in the middle! smile) and I are constantly turning each other on to new music. We basically love the same style (hippies with guitars) and are forever falling in love with WORDS. Poetry. Lyrics. They seem to touch us but added with an acoustic string instrument and it gets the vibes a flowin! Makes the hair stand up some times.



So, here is the new guy that has impressed us immensely this week with his life, his music and his songs…

Oh! AND...He speaks of his repect for people-PEOPLE GIVING LIFE TO A BABY -YOU KNOW I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT LINE !!!


XAVIER RUDD

His lyrics below-the song title is “Better People”-THIS IS JUST ONE GREAT SONG-HE HAS MANY !!

THIS ONE REALLY TOUCHES US


People saving whales,
And giving your thanks to our seas,
My respect to the ones in the forest,
Standing up for our old trees

Them giving food to the hungry,
Hope to the needy,
Giving life to a baby,
Giving care for free,

'Cause there is freedom around us,
We have everything we need,
And I will care for you,
'Cause you care for me.

And we all have opinions,
Some of them get through,
But there’s better people,
With more good to do.
Good to do

And what I have
could be my search
Or just some words
From my heart

My respect to the ones making changes
For all the lives
they’ll give their all

LikeGiving food to the hungry,
Giving hope to the needy,
Giving life to a baby,
Giving care for free,

'Cause there is freedom around us,
We have everything we need,
And I will care for you,
'Cause you care for me.

And we all have opinions,
Some of them get through,
But there’s better people,
With more good to do.
Good to Do

When our world it keeps spinning
round and round it goes
Human nature keeps spreading its disease
And our children keep growing up with what they know
From what they teach and what they see

And it’s only a question of the time we have
And the lives that our children need
Cause they can only keep growing up with what they know

And what we teach, and what they see

Like, Giving food to the hungry,
Hope to the needy,
Giving life to a baby,
Giving care for free,
'Cause there is freedom around us,

We have everything we need,
And I will care for you,
'Cause you care for me.

And we all have opinions,
Some of them get through,
But there’s better people,
With more good to do.
Good to do
Oooo good to do

Okay, you know the words, now listen to it with a little strummin’ and beat! Listen…here
or check out what others say about his music here

I Bet we'll be singing along while trying to figure out what type of activist we are or just trying to figure out how we can be “better people”…

5 comments:

loveiskind said...

No thats my sweet friend Shawna. I learn so much from her. Her excitement about helping others truely amazes me. Of course my favorite line is giving hope to the needy. So hearing this song just makes you want to be that better person. Music is the song of your heart and this one surely touches mine. And yes i love dirty feet.

Susana said...

Hey Shawna,

Tried to follow the link to hear the music and it says page can't be displayed!? Could you double check the link? Does it work for you? I will try again later.

Also, do you sing?
would you like to record yourself singing any of my lullabies? I need ladies to help me with this.
http://homespunlullaby.blogspot.com

tie-dyed doula said...

oops, I fixed it (too many http'ssssss!)
hope it works now


I have a friend that really seemed to enjoy singing late night lullabies while playing guitar acoustic style to my little baby in the wee hours of the night after the benefit dinner saturday-he is male not a mama, would that matter?
also, please tell me the link so that i can do a post about singing mamas...

Susana said...

Thanks Shawna,

LOVE the song! It is beoming apparant that you and I are cut from the same cloth.

What do you mean about giving you the link? I gave you the link in my previous comment didn't I?
http://homespunlullaby.blogspot.com

I have some lullabies there that I wrote that I would love to have people sing their renditions of. If you friend wanted to do this with guitar accompaniment that would be terrific. It has to be recorded as an mp3 and emailed to me.

Do you perhaps mean my other blog,
http://singyourfavoritelullaby.blogspot.com?

Let me know.

盧廣仲Sam said...

That's actually really cool!!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色