Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Choices

Hello! I am new to the blogging world but I feel the need to start out by telling you that our modern maternity care is in a crisis. So…I am having trouble dealing with people jumping off the edge of a cliff and I am supposed to be there to tell them that I will help support them while they heal. Instead, I believe that I should tell them that the cliff lies up ahead and to make sure that jumping is what they really want to do and to help them understand that with jumping, they may not make it and if they do, there will be lots of pain to overcome. Then have them make the choice.
This is what happens, in my thoughts, to people who blindly go into labor and put the birth in another’s hands. We should all know the consequences of giving up our rights while giving birth. We need to know the pros and cons of each intervention, before it is our time to decide, so that we may make informed decisions.

2 comments:

vbacwarrior said...

Your blog is new and I'm new to your blog :) I'm looking forward to reading!!

~Becky at Refuse to be a Womb Pod

Linda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. :) I responded to your query about the video here: http://fourlittlebirds.blogsome.com/2007/10/02/the-beauty-of-birth/